This course, in any of the NCLBGC approved formats (live instruction, synchronous distance-learning instruction, or eLearning) is mandatory for 2023 License Renewal.
Please Note: CE credits are uploaded to the Board on Mondays. Courses completed in the system between Monday and Sunday midnight will be posted to the Board on the following Monday. All courses must be completed by midnight Nov. 30, 2023 to receive credit during the 2023 calendar year.
For product support, please email email@example.com
North Carolina General Statute 87-10.2, requires that qualifiers for Building and Residential classifications of North Carolina General Contractor licenses and those designated as Unclassified licenses are required to annually complete 8 hours of Continuing Education (CE) as a condition for license renewal.
Accordingly, the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors (NCLBGC) has embarked upon developing and delivering this two (2) hour mandatory CE course. This mandatory course explains the statutes and regulations for which qualifiers and licensees must comply with.
Students will review current law, regulations, rules and statutory terminology used by the NCLBGC. Students will also participate in a practical exercise in the application of knowledge they learned and understood during the course.
You will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete this eLearning course. If you are unable to complete the course within 30 days, you will need to retake the entire course.
The following system specifications are suggested for the best learning experience.
Platform: IBM PC Compatible or Apple Mac computer
Operating System: Windows 10 or current Apple IOS
Browser: Safari, Chrome, Edge
Hardware: Speakers, Mouse, and Keyboard
It is also recommended that you complete the course in its entirety once started. In the event you need to leave the course, close the course browser window (using the "X" in the upper right corner of your browser), and log out.
Launching (starting or resuming) the course in multiple windows at the same time will prevent the system from tracking progress properly. This could require you to repeat the course to have it completed.
Upon completion of this training course, licensees and/or qualifiers for General Contractors, licensed by the NCLBGC and subject to the Continuing Education (CE) requirement, will be able to:
- Understand and explain the difference between authorized and unauthorized use of a license and the potential consequences for failing to comply with licensing laws and rules
- Know and understand requirements for general contractors relating to building permits and inspections
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
NCGC Training eLearning Courses
TrainingFolks U.S. Inc (“TrainingFolks”) is pleased to offer e-Learning Courses (the “Course” or “Courses”) for use through this website on the express condition that you agree to and abide by these terms and conditions (the “Agreement”).
“You” or “Your” means the person accessing the Course and, if accessing by or on behalf of a company or organization, “You” or “Your” means such company or organization.
If accessing on behalf of a company or organization, You represent and warrant that You have authority to do so and to bind such company or organization to this Agreement.
NOTICE: READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE USING, ACCESSING, AND PAYING FOR ACCESS TO A COURSE. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT GOVERN YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE COURSE. BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, OR USING ANY COURSE YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCESS A COURSE AND INSTEAD PLEASE EXIT THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
- Your Computer System and Equipment. You are solely responsible for supplying all equipment, Internet access and bandwidth needed to properly access and use the Course. Before paying for access to any Course, You must confirm the compatibility of your computer system with published computer specification for the applicable Course. TrainingFolks shall have no responsibility or liability for Your inability to access the Course due to issues beyond TrainingFolks’ control, including but not limited to the speed of Your modem - or other connection devices used, Your use of third party security software or firewall/proxy servers, or the performance levels of Your internet service provider.
- Ownership of the Annual Mandatory Course and Your Limited Use. You acknowledge and agree that the Annual Mandatory Course, as well as all intellectual property rights and other rights in and to such Course, are owned exclusively by the North Carolina License Board of General Contractors (NCLBGC) in their entirety, that such Course is the intellectual and/or industrial property of NCLBGC, and that such Courses are the preexisting intellectual property of NCLBGC. For avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement conveys any ownership or right in such Courses, except for the non-exclusive, limited time online viewing of the Courses (see Time Limit in Section 4). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, You shall: (a) at all times maintain the Course for Your own personal viewing and shall not disclose, publish, distribute, display, give or sell the Course or portions thereof to or with any third party or any other person within Your company or organization; (b) limit the use of the Course for Your own educational enhancement; and (c) not copy, print (including screen prints), publish, save (whether in hard copy or electronic form), distribute, give, sell, modify, transmit, or create derivative works without the express written consent of TrainingFolks. You agree that TrainingFolks has the right to temporarily or permanently limit or bar your access to the Course for any noncompliance with TrainingFolks policies and practices as communicated or posted from time-to-time, including but not limited to violation in any form or manner of this Agreement.
- Ownership of the Elective Courses and Your Limited Use. You acknowledge and agree that the Elective Courses, as well as all intellectual property rights and other rights in and to such Courses, are owned exclusively by the NCLBGC Approved Provider in their entirety, that such Courses is the intellectual and/or industrial property of the NCLBGC Approved Provider, and that such Courses are the preexisting intellectual property of the NCLBGC Approved Provider. For avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement conveys any ownership or right in such Courses, except for the non-exclusive, limited time online viewing of the Courses (see Time Limit in Section 4). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, You shall: (a) at all times maintain the Courses for Your own personal viewing and shall not disclose, publish, distribute, display, give or sell the Courses or portions thereof to or with any third party or any other person within Your company or organization; (b) limit the use of the Courses for Your own educational enhancement; and (c) not copy, print (including screen prints), publish, save (whether in hard copy or electronic form), distribute, give, sell, modify, transmit, or create derivative works without the express written consent of TrainingFolks. You agree that TrainingFolks has the right to temporarily or permanently limit or bar your access to the Course for any noncompliance with TrainingFolks policies and practices as communicated or posted from time-to-time, including but not limited to violation in any form or manner of this Agreement.
- Time Limit of Access for Each Course; Termination. Each Course has a specified time period for access and use (the “Time Limit”). The Time Limit begins when TrainingFolks issues Your login details for each Course and ends as stated with respect to each Course. Your right to use and access a Course terminates automatically at the end of the Time Limit. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TrainingFolks retains the right to suspend or to terminate Your access and use of a Course for any breach of this Agreement (including non-payment). TrainingFolks also retains the right to terminate Your access and use of the Course at any time and for no reason by simply refunding your payment for such Course within sixty (60) days of notice of termination from TrainingFolks.
- Payment. Payment shall be made before use of any Course. Fees will be as stated on the applicable website or informational materials about a Course, which fees may change from time-to-time at TrainingFolks’ sole discretion. All fees are subject to sales-and-use tax for the state the course is purchased. TrainingFolks processes payment through a third-party payment provider. TrainingFolks shall have no liability for any claims arising out of or in connection with this payment process or the information you provide, including but not limited to the processing or failure to properly process any payment.
- The Platform. You understand and agree that all Courses utilize an online learning platform by TrainingFolks U.S. Inc (https://www.ncgctraining.trainingfolks.com) or ( https://www.trainingfolks.com) and its technology partners. You agree to comply with the TrainingFolks Terms of Services, as updated from time-to-time.
- Intellectual Property. In addition to the intellectual property discussed in Section 2 & 3 above, all content included or available on or in the Course or this website, including the design, code, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof, is intellectual property or copyright protected materials of TrainingFolks, its affiliates, or a third party but it is under no circumstances Your property and You shall have no right, title or interest in any of the foregoing. Any reproduction, retransmission or republication of any or all parts of any part of the Course is expressly prohibited, unless TrainingFolks has expressly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit or republish the material. The names, trademarks, service marks and logos of TrainingFolks or its affiliates appearing on this website or in connection with any Course may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate TrainingFolks' affiliation with any product or service, without TrainingFolks’ prior express written permission. All other rights reserved.
- DISCLAIMERS. Course “AS IS”. Use of the course is at your sole risk. Neither TrainingFolks nor its affiliates warrant that use of or access to the course will be uninterrupted, that any course is or will be fit for any particular purpose, or that the content of any course is error free, accurate, or up-to-date. each course and the platform are provided “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. You expressly acknowledge and agree that due to the rapidly evolving nature of regulatory legislation, content of a Course may become outdated and/or incorrect at any time. to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, TrainingFolks and its affiliates disclaim all representations and warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to that: (A) use or access to the course will be uninterrupted (B) the course is fit for any particular purpose, (C) the course is error free, accurate, or up-to-date, (D) any information or data in the course can be relied upon by you, or (E) the course, the platform, and servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, CLAIMS AND DAMAGES. TrainingFolks shall have no liability to You, to Your company or organization, or to any third party for consequential, exemplary, special, incidental, or punitive damages even if TrainingFolks has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any claim or cause of action that you may have with respect to the Course or this Agreement must be commenced within two (2) months after receiving access to any Course. Except for TrainingFolks’ gross negligence or willful misconduct, in no event shall TrainingFolks be liable to you, to your company or organization, or to any third party with respect to any claim arising under this agreement or for use of the course in an amount in excess of the fees paid to TrainingFolks for the course. the limitations of this section apply to all claims in the aggregate, including, without limitation, claims based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, professional negligence, strict liability, misrepresentations, and other torts or claims.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You shall be solely responsible for and shall defend, indemnify and hold TrainingFolks, its affiliates and their respective employees, agents, officers, directors, and assigns harmless from and against any claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, liabilities, expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees), costs, damages and awards (collectively “Claims”) including, without limitation, Claims relating to property damage, personal injury, wrongful death or economic loss arising out of or resulting from (A) your access, use, or misuse of the course; (B) any violation of sections 2 or 6 above; or (C) your failure to abide by any other terms and conditions of this agreement. this indemnity provision shall survive any and all terminations of this agreement, the time limit, or use of the courses.
- Links to Other Websites. A Course may contain links to third party websites. Access to any other website linked to the Course is at the user's own risk and TrainingFolks is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements found on those websites, and TrainingFolks does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites. TrainingFolks provides these links merely as a convenience to You and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement by TrainingFolks of any such third-party sites or their content.
- Feedback. To the extent You provide TrainingFolks any feedback, ideas, modifications, comments, or suggestions about this website, a Course, this Agreement, or the content of any of the foregoing, then You hereby grant to TrainingFolks a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, incorporate, create derivative works or otherwise exploit.
- Amendments. TrainingFolks reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time and from time to time. Your continued use of any Course after posting of changes on this website constitutes Your acceptance of those changes and TrainingFolks has no obligation to inform You of such changes in any other manner.
- Jurisdiction/Choice of Law. Any legal action by any party or any other person relating to this Agreement or the Course shall be brought and maintained exclusively in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina if it has subject matter jurisdiction, and otherwise in the appropriate District Court or Circuit Court in the State of North Carolina as provided in the venue statutes of the State of North Carolina. The parties consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in such courts and agree not to invoke the jurisdiction of any other court. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with North Carolina law, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Invalidity. If any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement is adjudged to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement will not be affected thereby. Such invalid provision shall automatically be deemed to be replaced by the lawful provision that most nearly embodies the original intention of the parties as expressed herein, and the remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement will in any event otherwise remain valid and enforceable.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, its terms and conditions, as well as such other agreements or documents referenced herein, as each may be amended from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between You and TrainingFolks with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and Your use of the Course, and they supersede all previous communications, representations or agreements, whether oral, written or electronic, between the parties with respect to said subject matter. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the terms and conditions of this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Your cart is empty